Can't sync M30 with CSR8510 bluetooth adapter

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
xythen

Can't sync M30 with CSR8510 bluetooth adapter

Unread post by xythen »

I'm having issues getting my 8bitdo M30 bluetooth controller to sync with my MiSTer. I'm using the exact same USB adapter linked to from Porkchop Express's controller latency spreadhseet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... IUrpfncXIM). He has a reading for the M30 via bluetooth, so I'm guessing it should work.

The bluetooth symbol appears on the menu when the adapter is connected, but neither the bluetooth script nor holding the menu button is able to see the controller when it's in pairing mode. I've tried the various input modes to no avail either, although the controller works fine when connected with a USB cable.

Am I missing something? Anyone managed to get the M30 working via blueooth?
cavemanxzx

Re: Can't sync M30 with CSR8510 bluetooth adapter

Unread post by cavemanxzx »

I had a similar issue. With a SN30. I had to switch off an android tv box. That blocked Mister from see the Controller. After Mister knows the Controller everthing is running fine. No longer switching of other devices needed.

So my idea is switch off everthing around that communicates via bluetooth. Phones, Tablets, TV Boxes, Smart TV etc.