Flyback transformer

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Spunkworks

Flyback transformer

Unread post by Spunkworks »

Hi, Y'all,

I run my Mister in an old Sega Naomi cabinet with a Sanwa 29e31s chassis. I recently did a full re-cap but didn't solve some issues I have. I suspect I have a tired flyback transformer. Can anyone here recommend me a place where I can buy a NOS flyback, I am having a hard time finding one.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
thorr
Top Contributor

Re: Flyback transformer

Unread post by thorr »

I recently had a 22" SVGA monitor die on me due to the flyback transformer. I called a local company that used to repair CRT devices and he said he stopped repairing them because they don't make the parts anymore. He also said you can't substitute flyback transformers and they are unique to each model of display pretty much. I was devastated because otherwise my monitor was awesome and in working order. I ended up getting a couple of free CRT TV's with component inputs and they were a good substitute for almost everything after I dialed in all the settings in the service menu. My advice to you is if you can't find a flyback transformer, see if you can find a complete replacement CRT solution rather than just the flyback transformer.
Spunkworks

Unread post by Spunkworks »

Hey Thorr, thanks for your reply.
I tried sourcing a 29" TV but it seems even harder to find one that fits inside my cab because the screen bezel curvature is different than most TV's.
thorr
Top Contributor

Unread post by thorr »

How about this one (not exactly cheap but may work): https://shop.xgaming.com/products/tri-m ... de-monitor
Brettster

Unread post by Brettster »

Thats a very common chassis, at least here in the UK, the flyback may be harder to find than a working chassis though.
Arcade, Video Game and Tech Junkie