M30 2.4ghz issues with 2 Player games

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
andychristian

M30 2.4ghz issues with 2 Player games

Unread post by andychristian »

Has anyone else had issues with the M30 2.4ghz pad (plugged via USB) not playing nice with other USB pads when trying to play 2 player games?

The M30 Works fine on its own, but as soon as another pad is plugged in it seems to start causing issues. When booting up a game, MiSTer only detects whatever USB pad I press a button on first (2nd one won't register)

Other USB pads that I've tested work fine together in 2 player (in my case my Retroflag SNES and PS Classic pads work fine together) Its only when I introduce my M30 into the mix that the issues start.
ItalianGrandma

Re: M30 2.4ghz issues with 2 Player games

Unread post by ItalianGrandma »

Are you using the version with the USB dongle wirelessly or are you plugging it in directly? I have used the M30 wirelessly with another controller as P2 and it worked fine.

Edit: Nevermind, I reread your post and see you’re using it wired. I haven’t tried it wired.
redsteakraw

Re: M30 2.4ghz issues with 2 Player games

Unread post by redsteakraw »

Are you using a generic OTG USB hub or the MiSTer USB hub board? I found that the MiSTer hub board and 8-Bitdo devices don't play along once you have multiple devices plugged in at the same time. The major workaround I found to this is to use a generic USB OTG hub or to have a 2 Player Genesis Daemonbite adapter and plug the Genesis DB-9 version of the 2.4G M-30. I went the Daemonbite route and am pretty happy because I also get to use the OG controllers as a side benefit.
Fear is the mind killer!