New GUNCON 2 Driver

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Atohmdiy

New GUNCON 2 Driver

Unread post by Atohmdiy »

Hello,
Strange no one create a topic around this. I want to play some light game in my crt for a some time, but frankly getting 240p to work with software emulation is a real pain by itself... so adding a light gun to that... well it's better not speaking of it. :lol:
So when i saw gcon 2 driver is worked on, i bought one on ebay.
It's just another example of the superiority of Mister really. :D

I get the light gun today, i spend some times finding a way to connect it to my bvm 20f1e, as i haven't anything to plug the yellow rca to the bnc sync output. I ended up soldering an adapter with the means at hand. Anyway, i was surprise everything just worked, i am used to more complication :lol:

It's working fine but it's not perfect. I suppose it will vary depending of the setup. In my case accuracy is fine in most games i tried. Snes is very good, but a few games need brightness to be increase. NES and SMS well some games are fine, other have accuracy problem with some take off from the cursor. Genesis i get the worst result, the two lethal enforcer are unplayable with accuracy completely off, terminator have some problem too. I need to play more with calibration to see if this could be corrected, but in the case i got problem even increase in brightness doesn't change.

I suppose there will be update of this driver and possibly an integration in the official mister when it's perfected.
sonik

Re: New GUNCON 2 Driver

Unread post by sonik »

It's off in the X or Y axis? Or both?
The Y axis will be always a little off.
It might be possible to adjust the offset by calibrating or manually editing the calibration file.
Atohmdiy

Re: New GUNCON 2 Driver

Unread post by Atohmdiy »

I just try again some games :
SNES justifier : seems ok, no brightness boost needed
SNES superscope : ok, no boost needed but there is obviously and offset in the y axis as you said. In T2 for example the red cross (the one you can adjust in core option) is above the cross from the game, so there is an offset.
SMS : some games works fine other don't at all. Seems there is precision problem in some games, the gun take off, even with the brightness increase.
Genesis : same problem, even with increase brightness the gun take off, It's also not specifically in dark scene. Some game are fine though.